[Announce] Samba 4.11.1 Available for Download

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Fri Oct 18 09:32:36 UTC 2019

			Arthur Spooner:
			"Darling, I need to borrow the
			 iron."

			Carrie Spooner Heffernan:
			"Dad, I told you. If you want a
			 grilled cheese sandwich, I will
			 make you one."

			 King of Queens

Release Announcements
---------------------

This is the latest stable release of the Samba 4.11 release series.

Changes since 4.11.0:
---------------------

o  Michael Adam <obnox at samba.org>
   * BUG 14141: getpwnam and getpwuid need to return data for ID_TYPE_BOTH
     group.

o  Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
   * BUG 14094: smbc_readdirplus() is incompatible with smbc_telldir() and
     smbc_lseekdir().
   * BUG 14152: s3: smbclient: Stop an SMB2-connection from blundering into
     SMB1-specific calls.

o  Ralph Boehme <slow at samba.org>
   * BUG 14137: Fix stale file handle error when using mkstemp on a share.

o  Isaac Boukris <iboukris at gmail.com>
   * BUG 14106: Fix spnego fallback from kerberos to ntlmssp in smbd server.
   * BUG 14140: Overlinking libreplace against librt and pthread against every
     binary or library causes issues.

o  Günther Deschner <gd at samba.org>
   * BUG 14130: s3-winbindd: Fix forest trusts with additional trust attributes.
   * BUG 14134: auth/gensec: Fix non-AES schannel seal.

o  Amitay Isaacs <amitay at gmail.com>
   * BUG 14147: Deleted records can be resurrected during recovery.

o  Björn Jacke <bj at sernet.de>
   * BUG 14136: Fix uncaught exception in classicupgrade.
   * BUG 14139: fault.c: Improve fault_report message text pointing to our wiki.

o  Bryan Mason <bmason at redhat.com>
   * BUG 14128: s3:client: Use DEVICE_URI, instead of argv[0], for Device URI.

o  Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba.org>
   * BUG 14124: pam_winbind with krb5_auth or wbinfo -K doesn't work for users
     of trusted domains/forests.

o  Mathieu Parent <math.parent at gmail.com>
   * BUG 14131: Remove 'pod2man' as it is no longer needed.

o  Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org>
   * BUG 13884: Joining Active Directory should not use SAMR to set the
     password.
   * BUG 14140: Overlinking libreplace against librt and pthread against every
     binary or library causes issues.
   * BUG 14155: 'kpasswd' fails when built with MIT Kerberos.

o  Martin Schwenke <martin at meltin.net>
   * BUG 14129: Exit code of ctdb nodestatus should not be influenced by deleted
     nodes.

joining the #samba-technical IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the "Samba 4.1 and newer" product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6F33915B6568B7EA).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

        https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

        https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.11.1.html

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                        --Enjoy