Samba wins eWeek and PC Magazine "Innovation in Infrastructure" (i3) award for best Enterprise Software !

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu May 9 06:22:10 EST 2002

Hi all,

	I was in Las Vegas yesterday accepting an award from eWeek and
PC Magazine on behalf of Samba for the Innovation in Infrastructure Award
in the "Enterprise Software" catagory !

The award was sepcifically for Samba 2.2.2, and we beat out Sun Microsystems
Java 2 Platform Standard Edition Version 1.4 and Bea Systems WebLogic Server 7.0
for the award, so I'm stunned that we won. These guys have marketing departments
and a *budget* :-) :-).

More details on the finalists are here :

http://www.eweek.com/article/0,3658,s=25420&a=26153,00.asp

and here's a photo of me holding the award taken at the ceremony :-) :-).

http://va.samba.org/samba/whatsnew/award_photo_i3.jpg

(yes I did wear a suit :-).

Thanks to *everyone* who made this possible, we'll be posting more
about it on the samba.org web site soon.

Cheers,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.