Rsync sends again already existing files

Stephane Ascoet stephaneascoet at free.fr
Thu Jun 29 20:31:17 UTC 2023

Kevin Korb <kmk at sanitarium.net> le 29/06/2023 04:52:
> --itemize-changes will cause rsync to tell you what it thinks is

Hi, thank you so much! Today I used a little different way of doing it, and
another computer, and the behaviour is the same. It seems that the reason is a
different timestamp. So the whole file is replaced just for this? I've always
read that Rsync was using an advanced checksum mecanism instead of timestamps-only?

> different.  Also, -z is counter-productive when rsync isn't networking.

Thanks again. It seems that "--progress" is redondant with "-P"(but it's
because I use a list of rsync commands skeletons, and some doesn't have "-P"
and I want to be sure to always have the progress indication).
But, since I will now always use "-i", do "-v" and "--progress" add something
to "-i"?

--
Sincerely, Stephane Ascoet