Patch: more detailed error logging when an ACL unpack error occurs

Ryan Schmidt rsync at ryandesign.com
Sat Sep 10 20:15:47 UTC 2022

Hi, I maintain the rsync port in MacPorts.

For ten years, we've been carrying around a one-line patch which was described by its contributor this way:

> Occasionally, sync will report an ACL unpack error, but the user will be left in the dark regarding which file(s) was affected. This adds more detailed error logging

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/36169

I don't know if the contributor ever attempted to contribute it to the rsync project or only sent it to us at MacPorts.

Would you be interested in adding this patch to the rsync-patches repo or incorporating it into rsync directly?

-Ryan