Trying to elevate rsync privileges when connecting over ssh without using NOPASSWD in sudoers

Richard Hector richard at walnut.gen.nz
Sat Mar 12 06:08:25 UTC 2022

On 12/03/22 18:38, Richard Hector via rsync wrote:
> And I do my backups (using dirvish) as root, using a key with a forced
> command.

FWIW, that forced command is here:

https://github.com/rwhector/dirvish-forced-command

It's rather unpolished and undocumented, but comments very welcome :-)

I've also had an issue due to some server-side-only arguments to rsync
being undocumented, which means I can't validate them, and basically
have to accept anything ... I'd love to know why this is or has to be
the case :-) I didn't get any particularly useful answers back in
January 2019 ...

Cheers,
Richard