Multiple paths in a module?

Perry Hutchison pluto at agora.rdrop.com
Sat Mar 5 20:54:11 UTC 2022

Glen Huang via rsync <rsync at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> ... the mounting paths are dynamically configured in another
> service, so I need to remount whenever the paths change
> if I mount them beforehand.

Could the remount be done in that other service?

> With the "early exec" hook, I can avoid such remounting,
> but it's only doable with root...

General approach when only part of a job requires root:

1.  Set the remount program permissions to
    -r-sr-xr--  root  foo
    (i.e. setuid root, executable only by group foo).
    The program must be an executable binary, not a script.

2.  Ensure that the service which will run the remounter
    -- and only that service -- runs as group "foo".