Multiple paths in a module?

Glen Huang heyhgl at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 13:06:33 UTC 2022

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a module for rsyncd where it offers multiple
paths like /var/www, /etc/app, etc to be accessed by clients.

However, from rsyncd.conf(5) it seems a module can point to only one
path. So it seems I should use something like a bind mount, and mount
paths to /mnt/{var/www,etc/app}, then point the module to /mnt.
However, the paths that should be available in the module are
dynamically configured. So I can't make the root user mount them
beforehand. My only option seems to be mounting them in the "early
exec" hook. However, this seems to mean the module has to have the
root's uid, which I'd really like to avoid.

So I came to a dead end. I wonder if a module could somehow directly
offer multiple paths?

Would be grateful if someone could shed some light.

Thanks.