trailing spaces in exclude-from file

Bill Campbell rsync at celestial.com
Mon Jan 24 18:19:11 UTC 2022

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022, Paul Slootman via rsync wrote:
>On Mon 24 Jan 2022, Jürgen Bausa via rsync wrote:
>>
>> However, that's just a proposal. But the behavior of trailing spaces is something I guess should be corrected.
>
>Is it?
>How would you otherwise specify a space that you *do* intend to be
>relevant?

If rsync uses pcre, then one or more \s should do it.

Bill
Mobile:         (206) 947-5591  PO Box 820
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820

Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal
in slavery than unequal in freedom.
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville, 1805-1859