suppress message: <file> is uptodate

Fourhundred Thecat 400thecat at gmx.ch
Sun Aug 15 05:03:18 UTC 2021

Hello,

is there a way to suppress this message when syncing files?

   <file> is uptodate

I would like to see only files that have been synced.

The internet forums are full of people asking how to get rid of this,
even as far back as 10 years, and only hack I could find is to pipe it
to grep.

   rsync ... | grep -v ' is uptodate$'

This is a terribly dirty hack, and creates problems of its own.

Is there a better solution? Can better solution be implemented, perhaps
by some new option?

What is the opinion of this community? I assume someone has to have
mentioned this problem here throughout the years.

In case it is relevant to my question, I am using rsync with these options:

   rsync --info=name2,del2 --checksum -rlpgo -AHX --rsh=ssh foo/ server:/

thank you,