Which method (rsync-based) is better for backing up Linux servers to Synology NAS?

Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming ceo.teo.en.ming at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 06:45:05 UTC 2021

Subject: Which method (rsync-based) is better for backing up Linux
servers to Synology NAS?

Good day from Singapore,

Our customer has 2 CentOS 7.9 Linux servers with cPanel web hosting
control panel installed.

We would like to backup the 2 CentOS 7.9 Linux servers to Synology NAS.

Which method (rsync-based) is better for backing up Linux servers to
Synology NAS?

We are looking at 2 methods.

Method 1
========

rsnapshot

Method 2
========

Guide: Backup a Linux PC to a Synology NAS using Rsync!
Link: https://www.wundertech.net/how-to-backup-a-linux-pc-to-a-synology-nas-using-rsync/

Both methods are based on rsync.

If we choose method 1, we are able to have retention periods. If we
choose method 2, we can't have retention periods. But rsnapshot is
much more difficult to configure that method 2.

We are looking forward to your advice.

Thank you very much.

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming, 43 years old as of 9 August 2021,
is a TARGETED INDIVIDUAL living in Singapore. He is an IT Consultant
with a System Integrator (SI)/computer firm in Singapore. He is an IT
enthusiast.

-----BEGIN EMAIL SIGNATURE-----

The Gospel for all Targeted Individuals (TIs):

[The New York Times] Microwave Weapons Are Prime Suspect in Ills of
U.S. Embassy Workers

Link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/science/sonic-attack-cuba-microwave.html

Singaporean Targeted Individual Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming's
Academic Qualifications as at 14 Feb 2019 and refugee seeking attempts
at the United Nations Refugee Agency Bangkok (21 Mar 2017), in Taiwan
(5 Aug 2019) and Australia (25 Dec 2019 to 9 Jan 2020):

[1] https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/

[2] https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg/

[3] https://www.scribd.com/user/270125049/Teo-En-Ming

-----END EMAIL SIGNATURE-----