Would you expect --perms -M--fake-super to set the file mode to the original one?

Dimitrios Apostolou jimis at gmx.net
Thu Mar 12 17:23:07 UTC 2020

Thank you for the feedback, I'm glad to see that different people see the
issue
differently. As a followup question, what would you expect this to do:

rsync --perms --chmod g+rX -M--fake-super src dst

I would expect it to store the original permissions in the xattr, while
modifying the real file mode according to the chmod.