sync of ordinary files from lvm snapshot fails with --sparse, 3.2.2pre2

Scott Mcdermott scott at smemsh.net
Tue Jul 7 14:52:13 UTC 2020

On 2020-07-06 12:40 -0700 Perry Hutchison wrote:
> we either need to read the part of the output file that
> we're about to seek over -- and overwrite anything that reads back
> non-zero with zeros

The files that give verification errors are just small text files
with no null bytes.  The sparse code shouldn't even be activated.

> or we need to temporarily turn off --sparse when the output
> file already exists.

That would seem to defeat the purpose of using --sparse --inplace

I received no other responses, but this seems to be a clear bug
(unless I'm missing something), so I'll submit the report on the
issue tracker.

--
Scott