Updating of access times

Bell, Robert (IM&T, Clayton) Robert.Bell at csiro.au
Mon Feb 10 06:00:06 UTC 2020

Karl - thanks heaps!
( I think I was looking at an old man page, that doesn't show that option).
Just what we need - thanks.
Rob.

On 10/2/20, 15:51, "Karl O. Pinc" <kop at karlpinc.com> wrote:

    On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 03:27:39 +0000
    "Bell, Robert \(IM&T, Clayton\) via rsync" <rsync at lists.samba.org>
    wrote:

    > We have a scenario where we need to take a copy of a filesystem, and
    > use rsync to do so, but would like to retain the original access
    > times on the source files. I did not find an option to do this, and
    > would be grateful for advice if this is possible.

    From the man page:

           --noatime               do not alter atime when opening source files

    Regards,

    Karl <kop at karlpinc.com>
                     -- Robert A. Heinlein