Rsync checksum issue

Laurent B laurentb at qmail.re
Wed Dec 16 07:45:11 UTC 2020

I think I found the problem.

Thanks to a ldd, I checked the libraries rsync is relying on and I found
out different versions for libxxhash between my two endpoints:

- on the target:

root at nas:~/sauvegardes-manuelles# dpkg -l libxxhash0
Souhait=inconnU/Installé/suppRimé/Purgé/H=à garder
| État=Non/Installé/fichier-Config/dépaqUeté/échec-conFig/H=semi-installé/W=attend-traitement-déclenchements
|/ Err?=(aucune)/besoin Réinstallation (État,Err: majuscule=mauvais)
||/ Nom              Version      Architecture Description
+++-================-============-============-=================================
ii  libxxhash0:amd64 0.7.3-2      amd64        shared library for xxhash

- on the source:

root at laurent-laptop:/home/laurent/perso/Avion# dpkg -l libxxhash0
Souhait=inconnU/Installé/suppRimé/Purgé/H=à garder
| État=Non/Installé/fichier-Config/dépaqUeté/échec-conFig/H=semi-installé/W=attend-traitement-déclenchements
|/ Err?=(aucune)/besoin Réinstallation (État,Err: majuscule=mauvais)
||/ Nom              Version      Architecture Description
+++-================-============-============-=================================
ii  libxxhash0:amd64 0.7.4-1      amd64        shared library for xxhash

I updated this library on both endpoint and everything is working well.

root at nas:~/sauvegardes-manuelles# dpkg -l libxxhash0
Souhait=inconnU/Installé/suppRimé/Purgé/H=à garder
| État=Non/Installé/fichier-Config/dépaqUeté/échec-conFig/H=semi-installé/W=attend-traitement-déclenchements
|/ Err?=(aucune)/besoin Réinstallation (État,Err: majuscule=mauvais)
||/ Nom              Version      Architecture Description
ii  libxxhash0:amd64 0.8.0-1      amd64        shared library for xxhash

This is weird since a md5 sum is supposed to be a md5 sum...

Thanks for your time,

Laurent