Rsync 3.2.3 released

Rupert Gallagher ruga at protonmail.com
Fri Aug 7 05:45:57 UTC 2020

Rsync 3.2.2 ransfer rate on my pet hardware is really poor, so every improvement counts.

I noted that rsync writes a gmon file on the source path and leaves it there when it terminates. When the source path is read-only, rsync complains that it cannot write in it. For optimal use of the input bus, no write commands should be used there. Can you look into it?

Also, I have 12GB of cache in ecc ram that rsync is not using. I can tell because I see frantic io from the leds of the disks when rsync is the only running process. Can you add an option to maximise the use of ram cache?

Thank you!