feature request: exclude from path

Matt Stevens matt.w.stevens at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 12:35:32 UTC 2020

So I've gotten excluding paths to work as a standalone command. When I
paste this into a script however, it ignores the exclusions. Any advice?

rsync -aXvr --times --links
--exclude={'*.vdi','*.vmdk','*.ova','*.qcow2','.config/discord/'}
/home/path/ user at nas:/NAS/HOME/destination/

Are there supposed to be some kind of brackets around this?

Regards,
Matt Stevens