Allow "--in-place" as an alternative option name for "--inplace"

Wayne Davison wayne at opencoder.net
Sun Apr 5 22:26:37 UTC 2020

rsync at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> > As I commonly spell --inplace as --in-place, I'd like to suggest this
simple patch:

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 7:29 PM @lbutlr via rsync <rsync at lists.samba.org>
wrote:
> If we’re going to do that add --remove-source and --delete-source as
aliases for whatever the command is I have to look up every single time.

The --remove-* options are not named --delete-* because they happen on the
sending side, not the receiving side. This makes things like the daemon
"refuse options" setting easier as you can easily specify exactly what you
want to refuse via wildcards (such as "remove-*" or "delete-*").

If you have your own favorite option names, feel free to specify them in
the ~/.popt file:

rsync alias --in-place --inplace