Advanced rsync includes and excludes

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 03:31:01 UTC 2019

Hello,

http://www.lbackup.org/developer/advanced_excludes_file_examples

The link above may outline a slightly different approach which may work on your system. However, you would need that approach assumes the backup path is set to root which may not be what you want to do.

For quick inline reference the excludes file example is included below. You should be able to modify this to make it work for you. However, as mentioned you will need to test it out on your system and see if it is doing what you expect.

> /private/etc/ssh_config/
> + private
> + private/etc/***
> + private/var/***