rsync many processes and slow backup

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 03:27:54 UTC 2019

I think others have answered your questions. You may want to implement some sort of locking system in the script so that you can only run a single instance of your script at. If you are looking for a backup tool which leverages rsync you may want to take a look at LBackup : http://www.lbackup.org

There is even a pre-script you can enable (in the example resources) so that the script can run a maximum of once a day / once a month etc (even if you start it many times from cron.

Hope you have it all working now :)

Henri