Correct, resumable, large-file flags

Mark Raynsford list+org.samba at io7m.com
Sat Jul 27 10:45:58 UTC 2019

On 2019-07-27T07:59:56 +0200
Francis.Montagnac at inria.fr wrote:

> Try:
>
>   rsync -avz --delete-after --delay-updates --partial /A/ www2.example.com:/B/
>
> The man indicate also for --delay-updates:
>
>       See also the "atomic-rsync" perl script in the "support"  subdir
>       for  an  update  algorithm  that  is  even  more atomic (it uses
>       --link-dest and a parallel hierarchy of files).
>
> PS: You may prefer also:
>
>     - using -i (--itemize-changes) instead of -v
>     - do not compress (no -z)

Hello!

Same effect on ^C, unfortunately. The exact command I'm running (with
names changed to protect the innocent :):

  $ /usr/local/bin/rsync \
  -a -L -i '--chmod=ugo-rwx,Dugo+x,ugo+r,u+w' \
  --delete-after \
  --delay-updates \
  --partial \
  /A/
  www2.example.com:/B/

If I ^C this command, I see temporary files left in /B, and the next
time I run this same command, new temporary files are created and the
old ones are ignored.

This is on FreeBSD 12.

$ rsync --version
rsync  version 3.1.3  protocol version 31
Copyright (C) 1996-2018 by Andrew Tridgell, Wayne Davison, and others.
Web site: http://rsync.samba.org/
Capabilities:
    64-bit files, 64-bit inums, 64-bit timestamps, 64-bit long ints,
    socketpairs, hardlinks, symlinks, IPv6, batchfiles, inplace,
    append, ACLs, xattrs, iconv, symtimes, no prealloc, file-flags

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com