--server options

Richard Hector richard at walnut.gen.nz
Mon Jan 21 07:07:05 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I see a couple of earlier threads, particularly this one:

https://www.mail-archive.com/rsync@lists.samba.org/msg32328.html

partly answer my question, but not fully.

I also am writing a wrapper, so that I can run multiple dirvish runs
against the same server, using forced commands, but without using
multiple keys to get multiple commands, which is my current workaround.

But in the interests of locking things down, I'd like to know what the
options are in the -eSTRING section, so I can choose which to
allow/force. Is that documented anywhere? Or do I have to resort to the
source?

And/or can I safely assume that anything in the -eSTRING won't let a
client get any more than I intended? Does the STRING just run from after
the -e to the next whitespace?

Thanks,

Richard