Do grsync/rsync work well on Mac?

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 03:32:57 UTC 2019

Hi,

I experience a slow backup problem with Time Machine on Mac. The info
below does not help to reduce the backup time to a reasonable period.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204412

So I'd like to use grsync/rsync to incrementally back my disk. I know
that Time Machine somehow can create hard links to manage incremental
links. Since grsync/rsync is primarily targeted at Linux, is it a good
idea to use it for Mac?

Also, by using grsync/rsync, I guess that I will loose the ability to
recover the bootable ability of the disk (as in TimeMachine). Is there
a walkaround for this? Thanks.

--
Regards,
Peng