rsync of a reflink from OCFS2

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Wed Mar 14 13:41:08 UTC 2018

no backup - no mercy

----- On Mar 14, 2018, at 2:19 PM, Ben RUBSON ben.rubson at gmail.com wrote:

> On 14 Mar 2018, Lentes, Bernd via rsync wrote:
>
>> I would now expect a rsync from the snap would transfer just some megay
>> bytes to the file from the day before.
>> But it doesn't:
>>
>> ha-idg-1:/cluster/guests/servers_alive # time rsync -av --stats
>> sa.raw.snap /mnt/idg-2/SysAdmin_AG_Wurst/backup/cluster/test
>
> Hi Bernd,
>
> When doing rsync locally, diff alg is not involved, this is why file is
> fully transferred.
>
> Ben

Hi Ben,

also when the target is a cifs share, it's still considered as local ?
Is there something i can do to get the diff algorithm used ?
Copying via ssh to the cifs server is unfortunately not possible.

Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Heinrich Bassler, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671