Rsync 3.1.3pre1 released

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Mon Jan 15 19:26:14 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 6:20 AM, Randall S. Becker <rsbecker at nexbridge.com>
wrote:

> Incompatibility introduced at 3.1.3pre1. These are not present at master,
> which compiles cleanly.

The master branch and 3.1.3pre1 were pretty much the same until just a
moment ago (except that the tar files get some generated files that aren't
present in git, such as the autoconf generated configure.sh file).

sys/file.h is not available outside LINUX, so the requirement for its use,
> including apparently, flist.c, sadly breaks the NonStop port.

The include of <sys/file.h> was added in 1998 and hasn't changed since then.

cc -c99 -I. -I. -I./zlib -I./popt -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -c syscall.c -o
> syscall.o
>         return utime(fname, t);
>                             ^
> "/home/git/rsync/syscall.c", line 448: error(252): argument of type
> "time_t *" is incompatible with parameter of type "const struct utimbuf *"

This is apparently because HAVE_STRUCT_UTIMBUF is not set but should be.
You might want to look into configure.sh to see why this is failing, or
just tweak the generated config.h file.

cc -c99 -I. -I. -I./zlib -I./popt -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -c lib/compat.c -o
> lib/compat.o
>         return gettimeofday(tv);
>                               ^
> "/home/git/rsync/lib/compat.c", line 154: error(250): too few arguments
> in function call

Similarly, it looks like your system needs HAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY_TZ defined by
configure.