read dir list with write only option

Pavel Kasparek pavel at iptel.org
Wed Sep 6 08:00:11 UTC 2017

Hello all,

when the "write only = yes" option is used on rsync server, the client
can't download any file from the server.

My question is, if in that case the rsync protocol will allow the client
to read the server directory content or not. The question is not about
if standard rsync client will allow to do that - I verified that using
"--list-only" client option fails in this case, but if the rsync
protocol internally allows to do that or not - that is if e.g. if some
hacked client would be able to get the list of remote dir.

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Pavel