Rsync slow with hard links

Rene J Suarez-Soto rene.j.suarez at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 23:31:25 UTC 2017

I am running rsync throuhg cygwin and trying to "mirror" two hard drives
(hd1 -> hd2). HD1 have tons of hard links (I will say about 2 millions)
because I do monthly backups and have about 13 folders and maybe about
150,000 files. Every month when I make a new snapshot I would also want to
mirror HD1 to HD2. I tried running

rsync -aH --progress -vv /cygdrive/d/ /cygdrive/e/

I though this was going to be a very quick process because not many files
changed but surprisingly it takes over a day. Is there a faster way to
mirror drives with hard links?