Use of multiple --link-dest options

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 01:39:24 UTC 2016

> Is there a way to tell rsync  to continue trying futher link-dest
> directories in the hope of finding a match ?

Nice point, I have been investigating for some time improvements to LBackup <http://www.lbackup.org> (an backup wrapper system for rsync)  for improved incomplete backup handling and incomplete backup data retention options and also have this question for a number of possible scenarios.

If anyone has a simple answer like a flag which is passed which I missed in the man page, that would be great :)