rsync: connection unexpectedly closed

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 22:35:24 UTC 2016

>> Have you tried performing a copy to a known good local device?  If a
>> local copy fails, then I would start checking the file system of the
>> source and also the hardware of that system.
>
> That's a good idea. I just tried that and it copied no problem.

Do you have another system you could try this transfer with via SSH with on the local network?

Given that the local transfer works fine, I would suggest checking the hardware and file system integrity on the remote machine. In terms of hardware checking the memory and disks would be a top priority.

Also, you could try moving the partial file out of the way and also not using the partial option and transferring again?

Hope that helps

HTRAX 2013 Revitalised : EGYPTIAN HUMP HTRAX : Direct URL download :
http://henri.shustak.org/download/htrax/egyptian-hump-htrax.mp3
"Dr Who Meets B52's" - More reviews : http://www.jessetaylor.com.au