enable 64-bit inums in build on AIX

Tom Combs combs at fsu.edu
Thu Mar 24 19:31:12 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm building rsync on an AIX 6.1.9.6 host. I would like to build it so
it has
64-bit inums enabled but have not been able to figure out how to enable this
feature. Can someone please provide me with some guidance on how do do this?

This is my current build:
-bash-4.3$ /usr/local/bin/rsync --version
rsync  version 3.1.2  protocol version 31
Copyright (C) 1996-2015 by Andrew Tridgell, Wayne Davison, and others.
Web site: http://rsync.samba.org/
Capabilities:
     64-bit files, 32-bit inums, 32-bit timestamps, 64-bit long ints,
     socketpairs, hardlinks, symlinks, no IPv6, batchfiles, inplace,
     append, ACLs, no xattrs, iconv, no symtimes, no prealloc

I'm hoping that by using 64-bit inums, I will be able to avoid this error
that I'm getting:

ERROR: out of memory in flist_expand [sender]
rsync error: error allocating core memory buffers (code 22) at
util2.c(106) [sender=3.1.2]
rsync: [sender] write error: Broken pipe (32)

I've gotten around this by sub-dividing the rsync into smaller chunks but
would like to avoid this if possible.

Thanks in advance,  Tom

--
Tom Combs