Deletion of destination files

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 10:40:57 UTC 2016

Hi to all rsync users.

rsync's `--delete' option works fine in the following example: I'm sending all
the content of /home/rodolfo from machine1 to /home/rodolfo in machine2:

 $ rsync --dry-run -vrtul --delete --exclude='/.*' . 192.168.0.2:/home/rodolfo

, and --delete works perfectly.  Instead, in this other example:

 $ rsync --dry-run -vrt --delete --modify-window=1 file1 file2 file3
... /mnt/pendrive/rodolfo

I'm copying various files and directories from different places of my home
directory to a directory named `rodolfo' which is on the pendrive.  I want that
all the files that are not listed among `file1 file2 file3 ...' in the above
command were deleted in the destination, but this does not happen.  In rsync
`man' page I can't find a solution.  Please, whoever can, any suggestion about
how to do what I want.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Rodolfo