rsync keeps writing files over

McDowell, Blake McDowellH at si.edu
Thu Jun 2 21:23:05 UTC 2016

Hi,

At my work we use rsync to move files between drives and to LTO among other things.

I'm having an issue using rsync to move material between and external drive and an internal drive.

We run "rsync -avvPh <src> <dest>" and most of the files keep writing every time I run this. It appears that the modification times are not being carried through to the destination resulting in the files continually wanting to re-write.

I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out. Any information you need from me (logs, etc) I'm happy to try and provide.

Many thanks,
Blake