Why is my rsync transfer slow?

Selva Nair selva.nair at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 00:13:05 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 4:48 PM, <
dbonde+forum+rsync.lists.samba.org at gmail.com> wrote:

> That doesn't make sense. Both the source and destination path contains
> simple alphanumeric characters, no more no less. Why would it matter
> whether the path is /abc/ or /def/ or even /123/?

Hmm.. I thought your are the one who has been asking for help. It does very
much matter what your source and destination exactly are.

> I assume you are familiar with the idea of disk images?

There are many different kinds of disk images, so are there many ways of
network mounting. If you say I do "rsync /a /b/" and it runs too slow, you
are not going to get any useful responses..

Good luck,

Selva