LGPL relicense port of rsync

Per Lundqvist perlundq at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 22:26:26 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am maintaining a port of rsync (https://github.com/perlundq/yajsync)
which is GPL:ed of course. The main purpose of the project is to
provide a Java API library for the rsync protocol. It would
therefore be really nice to be able to use LGPL as the license.

But in order to do so I would first have to get a list of all the
individual contributors to rsync and then be able to contact them and
ask them to agree to this and also verify their identity. I do however suspect
this to be an almost impossible task...

Is this as futile as it seems? ;)

And is there a complete list of contributors available somewhere?

thanks,
--
Per Lundqvist