Why is my rsync transfer slow?

dbonde+forum+rsync.lists.samba.org at gmail.com dbonde+forum+rsync.lists.samba.org at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 18:48:35 UTC 2016

Den 2016-01-26 kl. 09:06, skrev Simon Hobson:

 >> >If you use a network connection then you've still got that network
layer.
 > Just thinking a bit more about that ...
 >
 > Is your normal setup :
 > NAS --ethernet--> Computer hosting A
 > or
 > NAS --USB--> Computer hosting A
 >
 > Or is "Computer hosting A" actually the NAS, not another MAC ?

NAS <--ethernet--> computer <--FW800--> external disk

The NAS can handle external USB drives and the external disk has USB2 so
I could set it up like this

external disk <--USB2--> NAS <--ethernet--> computer

but I assumed it meant that I had to transfer the data from the external
disk to the computer via both USB and ethernet and then transfer it back
to the NAS over ethernet which, intutively, sounded slow.