rsyncing from a compressed tarball.

Ed Peschko horos22 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 17:59:24 UTC 2016

Mike,

As it stands right now, we use xz for our compression, so if rsync had
a similar option for xz that would probably be an improvement.

However, I think being able to decompress directly to the remote
system would save more; elsewise I don't see how I'm going to be able
to avoid untarring and uncompressing the whole xz file on the other
end.

thanks much,

ed