man page

Cindy-Sue Causey butterflybytes at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 17:18:33 UTC 2016

On 8/14/16, Grzegorz Borowiak <gborowiak at gmail.com> wrote:
> I appreciate the parable of helping non-technical users (or, more
> precisely, users not keen on IT). As I understand, placement of
> software like Word or Photoshop servers this purpose. But both of them
> have decent open-source counterparts, and they are better fit for an
> rsync manual.

An example fix might be something like:

"As I understand, placement of software like [a word processor/text
editor] or [an image manipulation program] serves this purpose."

Pretty funny to see this topic come up because I was just in there
literally 2 days ago. That is the largest man page I've ever
encountered. I was wandering through it while contemplating a post
over at a user listserv for [my favorite operating system]. There was
so much information at "man rsync" that it was... cognitively
overwhelming for my brain at that particular moment. *grin*

Rsync remains and likely will always be one of my TOP FIVE all time
must-have Debian/Linux compatible programs.. Thank you for all the
work you all do!

Just thinking out loud... :)

Cindy :)

--