Doubt on usage of rsync for chown of existing folders

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sun Sep 13 22:54:18 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 6:58 PM, Celso de Sousa Junior <
celso_de_sousa_junior at yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> I would like to have changes (chown) in the destination.

I suggest using the --super option so that you ensure that the receiving
side attempts to chown the files, and you'll get warned if it doesn't have
the perms to do so (e.g. if the receiving rsync is not really running as
root).

However, some files did not changed size or rights. All files should have
> new owner.

You might be looking in the wrong dir,  e.g. if you did an rsync -a dir
/dest/dir and are looking in the /dest/dir hierarchy instead of the
/dest/dir/dir hierarchy.