How to figure out what subdirectories are available on an rsync server?

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 15:54:31 MST 2015

Hi,

http://cran.r-project.org/mirror-howto.html

The above webpage shows the following rsync command to sync the website.

rsync -rtlzv --delete cran.r-project.org::CRAN /dir/on/local/disc

But if I want to sync only a subdirectory of what are available in
ftp://cran.r-project.org/pub/R/, does anybody know how to do it?

Where is "CRAN" from (I don't see "CRAN" in the ftp site)? Is there a
way to check the directory structure of a rsync server? Thanks.

--
Regards,
Peng