Options for a "I'm done" flag file

Mark mark0x01 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 04:14:36 MDT 2015

You could try increasing the timeout delay, rather than resume.
rsync will tolerate quite long network dropouts and still carry on.
I have managed to keep an internet transfer of up to 100Gb alive for two
weeks.

I didn't find --partial to be much use for very large scale transfers
due to the very cpu intensive checksum process.

By large scale I have rsync'd several Petabytes of backup files up to
500Gb size over the last five years with good success.