On the case `an identical item replaces the dots with spaces' for `--itemize-changes'.

Hongyi Zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 23:50:35 MDT 2015

Hi all,

The `--itemize-changes' has the following notes within the manual:

        The  other  letters  in  the string above are the actual letters
        that will be output if the associated attribute for the item  is
        being  updated or a "." for no change.  Three exceptions to this
        are: (1) a newly created item replaces each letter with  a  "+",
        (2)  an identical item replaces the dots with spaces, and (3) an
        unknown attribute replaces each letter with a "?" (this can hap‐
        pen when talking to an older rsync).

But, I cann't figure out the case for the `(2)  an identical item
replaces the dots with spaces'. And I've never meet such things. Could
you please give me some more hints or a minimal example on this case?

Regards
--
.: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :.