Is it possiable to suppress the site-specified messages?

Hongyi Zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 21:51:45 MDT 2015

Hi all,

When connect to a remote rsync server, ofter it will give some site-
specified messages, say, the following one:

------------
|         University of Science and Technology of China         |
|           Open Source Mirror  (mirrors.ustc.edu.cn)           |
|===============================================================|
| Debian primary mirror in China mainland (ftp.cn.debian.org),  |
|     also mirroring a great many OSS projects & Linux distros. |
| Currently we don't limit speed. To prevent overload, Each IP  |
| is only allowed to start upto 2 concurrent rsync connections. |
| This site also provides http/https/ftp access.                |
| Supported by USTC Network Information Center                  |
|          and USTC Linux User Group (http://lug.ustc.edu.cn/). |
|    Sync Status:  http://mirrors.ustc.edu.cn/status/           |
|           News:  http://servers.blog.ustc.edu.cn/             |
|        Contact:  mirrors at ustc.edu.cn                          |
|_______________________________________________________________|

receiving file list ...
[snip]

If I want to suppress the messages before the following line with rsync
client's args/options when connect to this rsync server:

receiving file list ...

Is this possible or not?

Regards
--
.: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :.