The complicated filter rule used by me worked for one Debian mirror and not for the other.

Hongyi Zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 07:28:26 MDT 2015

On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 13:32:46 +0200, Paul Slootman wrote:

> ftp.cn.debian.org is running a version of rsync that supports protocol
> version 30, whereas ftp.is.co.za is running an older version that only
> supports up to 29.

Anyway, thanks for your above notes again.  I finally use the nmap to
check the things you said above are correct:

werner at debian:~$ nmap -sV -p873 ftp.cn.debian.org
[snip]
873/tcp open  rsync   (protocol version 30)

werner at debian:~$ nmap -sV -p873 ftp.is.co.za
[snip]
873/tcp open  rsync   (protocol version 29)

> I haven't used such complex filter rules yet (I've
> been sticking to the --include / --exclude stuff)

Of course, you can try to use them ;-)

> but I wouldn't be
> surprised if some of the filter rules don't work on the older rsync.

Let we stay here to expect for the experiences from others similar to my
case ;-)

Regards

--
.: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :.