Finding specific files/directories from a remote rsync server.

Hongyi Zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 05:42:22 MDT 2015

On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 09:44:56 -0700, Wayne Davison wrote:

> rsync -aiv --include=foo/file --include='*/' --exclude='*'
> rsync.example.net::module/ /dest/

Another issue is as follows:  if I have known that the `foo/file' is
located under some sub-directories  under a folder named `bar' in in the
module's directory, in this case, I want to save the time for only
searching into all of the sub-directories of rsync.example.net::module/
bar/.  Then what's revision should be done on the --include='*/' to adapt
for this case?

Regards

--
.: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :.