Finding specific files/directories from a remote rsync server.

Hongyi Zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 17:11:07 MDT 2015

Hi all,

Suppose I have remote rsync server, named as: rsync.example.net.  And I
want to finding some specific files/directories from it.

To do this, I must let my local rsync client to do a traversing among all
of its modules and the corresponding sub-directories.  Say, if I want to
find all of the `foo/file' on this rsync server, i.e., a file named file
which is located under the foo directory.  How can I do this thing within
bash/shell script with the invoking on rsync client?

Regards
--
.: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :.