Preserve ZFS ACLs when syncing to Linux (ext4)

Andrew Martin amartin at xes-inc.com
Wed Sep 24 15:51:33 MDT 2014

----- Original Message -----

Kevin,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately syncing from the remote Solaris
system to the local linux system with just --fake-super and then from
the local linux system back to the remote Solaris system with just
--remote-option=--fake-super did not seem to restore the ACLs on the
remote Solaris system; it appears to have inherited the default ACLs
set on the share. Note that I did receive one error:
rsync: rsync_xal_set: lsetxattr(""/export/test/.$EXTEND/.$QUOTA.O2aqS3"","SUNWsmb:$Q:$INDEX_ALLOCATION") failed: Bad file number (9)

Is there a way I can verify that this extra metadata is being saved
on the local Linux copy?

Thanks,

Andrew