rsync with 8bit file names?

Thomas Floeren thfl at mac.com
Tue Sep 16 01:27:44 MDT 2014

I just copied a file with Umlauts from the Mac to a smb mount and back, and from the Mac to an afp mount and back. No problems so far.

I’m using Homebrew’s rsync build (see below). Did you try the Homebrew build?

➜  ~  rsync --version
rsync  version 3.1.1  protocol version 31
Copyright (C) 1996-2014 by Andrew Tridgell, Wayne Davison, and others.
Web site: http://rsync.samba.org/
Capabilities:
   64-bit files, 64-bit inums, 64-bit timestamps, 64-bit long ints,
   socketpairs, hardlinks, symlinks, IPv6, batchfiles, inplace,
   append, ACLs, xattrs, iconv, symtimes, no prealloc, file-flags

--
Thomas