Backup scripts - recycling old backup directories

Brian Cuttler brian at wadsworth.org
Fri Sep 12 07:41:34 MDT 2014

I'm using rsync to backup file systems from one machine to another
(not sure why we aren't using amanda like we are everywhere else).

The combination of rsync updating blocks, rather than replacing files
or replicating file systems is a huge savings for us. As daily zfs
snapshots (saved for a day, a week, a month, three months) on the
receiving end provides a nice recovery window.