Backup scripts

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 18:32:24 MDT 2014

Hello,

The --link-dest approach is the way LBackup works and this is also what allows the lcd command (part of LBackup) to move you back and forth in time while you remain in the same directory relative directory. This makes finding a particular data quite easy during a partial restore.

In particular, having a full directory makes restore from a point in time easy and (as Kevin pointed out) there is no need to merge various incremental backups. Each point it time simply appears as a full file system tree. Although, the space required is lowered somewhat due to the use of hard links.

This email is protected by LBackup, an open source backup solution
http://www.lbackup.org