Backup scripts

Kevin Korb kmk at sanitarium.net
Thu Sep 4 15:40:12 MDT 2014

Just to show you what rsync snapshots should look like here is a
really quick and dirty script that will make a complete backup then a
snapshot using most of the information from your scripts:
http://dpaste.com/27V2WAF

Note that it just makes 2 backups.  If you run it again it will make
another full and another snapshot with a 5 minute pause in between and
there is no error handling so please only consider this a very basic
example.

On 09/04/2014 05:21 PM, Kevin Korb wrote:
> Yes, you have different scripts now at least.  But I still don't
> see any snapshotting.  The only difference in these is that the
> "full" one rsyncs to a date+time stamped directory while the
> "snapshot" one rsyncs to a directory named snapshot.  As far as I
> can tell both will be a complete copy with no relationship to the
> other.
>
> On 09/04/2014 05:17 PM, Chris wrote:
>> On Thu, 2014-09-04 at 17:00 -0400, Kevin Korb wrote:
>>> Do you actually have any snapshots currently?  From the
>>> scripts you posted it seems to just be rsyncing to the same dir
>>> every run and only claiming to be making snapshots.  If you do
>>> have snapshots now then something else is happening in addition
>>> to this script.
>
>> It was pointed out to me in a direct message that I had
>> inadvertently posted the same scripts (full backup) in pastebin.
>> Here are the correct one.
>
>> Full http://pastebin.com/dEk7kBip
>
>> Snapshot http://pastebin.com/H7SuABN1

- --
	Kevin Korb			Phone:    (407) 252-6853
	Systems Administrator		Internet:
	FutureQuest, Inc.		Kevin at FutureQuest.net  (work)
	Orlando, Florida		kmk at sanitarium.net (personal)
	Web page:			http://www.sanitarium.net/
	PGP public key available on web site.