Backup scripts

Kevin Korb kmk at sanitarium.net
Thu Sep 4 15:21:24 MDT 2014

Yes, you have different scripts now at least.  But I still don't see
any snapshotting.  The only difference in these is that the "full" one
rsyncs to a date+time stamped directory while the "snapshot" one
rsyncs to a directory named snapshot.  As far as I can tell both will
be a complete copy with no relationship to the other.

On 09/04/2014 05:17 PM, Chris wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-09-04 at 17:00 -0400, Kevin Korb wrote:
>> Do you actually have any snapshots currently?  From the scripts
>> you posted it seems to just be rsyncing to the same dir every run
>> and only claiming to be making snapshots.  If you do have
>> snapshots now then something else is happening in addition to
>> this script.
>
> It was pointed out to me in a direct message that I had
> inadvertently posted the same scripts (full backup) in pastebin.
> Here are the correct one.
>
> Full http://pastebin.com/dEk7kBip
>
> Snapshot http://pastebin.com/H7SuABN1

>>> Thanks Kevin, I guess for now I'll leave them as they are until
>>> I can get smart on scripting.
>>>
>>> Chris

- --
	Kevin Korb			Phone:    (407) 252-6853
	Systems Administrator		Internet:
	FutureQuest, Inc.		Kevin at FutureQuest.net  (work)
	Orlando, Florida		kmk at sanitarium.net (personal)
	Web page:			http://www.sanitarium.net/
	PGP public key available on web site.